Singalila Ridge Trek (6N 7D)
The scenic Singalila Ridge connects the Eastern Himalaya. The highlight of the trek is walking this ridge to Sandakphu (3636 meters/11,929 feet), the highest point in West Bengal, where you get jaw-dropping views of the highest peaks on the planet. Rise from your peaceful slumber at Sandakphu and make a short climb to a viewpoint. From here, see Mount Everest (8848 meters), Kanchenjunga (8586 meters), Lhotse (8516 meters), and Makalu (8481 meters) in all their glory. It is truly one of the best, if not the best mountain view in India. Where else can you see 4 of the 5 highest peaks in the world in one sweeping view. The splendor does not stop. From Sandakphu to Phalut, the mountains remain with us. In fact, the view from Phalut is nearly as mesmerizing as the day before. The barren open area gives way to an exposed viewpoint of the majestic snow-capped peaks. In Phalut, we stay in a trekker’s hut, face-to-face with the grand Himalayas. From Phalut, we trek through the picturesque scenery of Gorkhey and Timburey before getting a ride back to Darjeeling.
DAY 1: Drive from Darjeeling to Maneybhanjyang (2,134m), trek to Tumling (2,940m)
DAY 2: Trek from Tumling to Kalapokhari
DAY 3: Trek from Kalapokhari to Sandakphu (3,636m)
Day 4: Trek from Sandakphu to Phalut (3,600m)
Day 5: Trek from Phalut to Gorkhey (2,143m)
Day 6: Trek from Gokhey to Timburey (1,800m)
Day 7: Trek from Timburey to Rimbick, drive to Darjeeling.
* All government fees and local taxes during the trek.
* Meals : Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trekking
* Mountaineering qualified A well-experienced Local mountain trekking guide.
* Alcoholic drinks, chocolates, snacks, telephone calls, etc.
* Singalila National park entry fee.
* Tips for trekking guide staff and driver.
* Costs from unexpected occurrences (i.e. cancellations, weather problems, damages of property, illness, etc.)
* Your travel insurance (necessary), medical, and any other forms of insurance (for foreign visitor)
* Personal gear and expenses for the trek.